Friday 2 March 2018

Long Memory Lane

Some of us knew television in the early 2000."Sgudz Snaysi" zulu popular sit com released in late 90's.The theme song when it starts or end made me do Jackson's moves.

How does one not know a crazy and skimming character of Sdumo that the late Joe Mafela played. Laqasha(loan shack) was a character that troubled Sdumo to pay or leg be broken. I remember having a broken leg because of my friend. Mommy screaming telling us those characters are not really. Guys if you had not portrayed a character standing before mirror you missed your childhood.

This sit com was the first black African show to attract millions of viewership back in the days.

Guys what character you always portrayed growing up? I am Nkosi Coolkid Ganekana and Talk African Continent.

15 comments:

  1. Sdumo was really funny I enjoyed watching the television because of him, Velaphi, Bongo and many others

    ReplyDelete
  2. May this legendary's soul rest in peace and he made S.A television industry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only thought Sdumo was he's real name. The way I love him shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only thought Sdumo was he's real name. The way I love him shame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe was also a well known musician that sent his messages and wisdom through music

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joe was also a well known musician that sent his messages and wisdom through music

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joe mafela was such an excellent actor. Who can forget him though with all the laughter he bought into our lives. Long live to his spirit

    ReplyDelete
  8. May their soul rest in peace. Bongo was very fun and I enjoyed watching family bonds because of him

    ReplyDelete
  9. And even now man we still watch it and it feels like its the first time.That guy was very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't even read this post I just came straight to this commenting box. "Kodwa yini le mbungulu". Gog' Luis would say that so that's what crossed my mind immediately when I saw that board written "Uxolo" by Sidumo

    ReplyDelete
  11. https://givennewblogs.blogspot.co.za/


    That is my link

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell me about it 😂😂.
    I used to portray Sis'May who was always nosey on sdumo and always suspecting that he was up to something dodgy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sad that we only live to tell the stories about them...our legends Mara,
    Long live their spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They don't make television show like they used to. None of the shows that are currently been aired can compare to classics like Velaphi, Emzini wezintsizwe ect

    ReplyDelete